Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need some opinions on cutover

Status
Not open for further replies.

RYLSFAN

Programmer
Apr 13, 2005
US
I have a customer that i am taking from a MICS R1/T1 to a BCM 3.7 This is a new customer to me and i have had nothing to do with the current programming. I put a RAD on the current switch and i see the DN's are all out of whack, i.e. DN's don't match ports numbers. This customer wants phones to stay where they are with the DN they currently have. If I were to just switch systems the phones that have been moved with set relocation in the past will be renamed and it will take a month to straighten them out. SO! I am looking for suggestions on the easiest way to cut this over. Should i rename the DN and ports to the old switch??? So when i move the fiber connectors to the FEM the sets keep the ext number??? Is that even an option?

Looking forward to your suggestions.

thanks

Thats not my fastball, thats my hurry up and get by you pitch... Satchel Paige

Set relocation does not work between 2 systems
So i guess you need to program the BCM in a way that is required

meaning you think the only way is to match the current dn number to the new port number on the BCM?

The whip is tailed different on a BCM then the one from the MICS... even if you were to use a DSM 32 it still has different pinouts comming from the amphenols. Just start fresh.

agreed. Start fresh, bring a helper, and a toner with a fresh battery!

Assuming the DNs are still in the default range of 221-252 on the R1T1, make up a cut sheet with 4 headings.
If your DSM32 is ports 201-232, then you may have something like

MICS DN MICS PORT BCM PORT DEFAULT DN

238 121 218 238
221 105 201 221
etc
etc
etc

This way the old DNs end up on the same desks and all you have to do is swing 32 jumpers.

If the DN range is all over the map, start fresh with a floor plan and do DN changes after the cut. Just my opinion.

thanks for tips i think i am going to make a cross refference sheet and try and match ports... 113 phones is alot to start fresh on. Customer wants all phones to retain there current exts... Just to think,i WON this bid...hahaha

Thanks for the input.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back