Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need some input

Status
Not open for further replies.

mentallimit

IS-IT--Management
Oct 3, 2006
Hello all. I am hoping the knowledge on this board can help me out again like so many other times...

My company has a Definity here in our central office and a hodge podge of other smaller systems all over the country. (38 sites) At each small office there are only 2-6 people and maybe 4 incoming lines. One or two of the offices are larger but nothing over 15-20 stations.

My question to all of you would be; is there an Avaya product that we could get that would be small enough to fit in evey office but if needed scaled larger for the one or two offices that need it? It would need to allow us to remote into it if need be.

I worked a long time ago with Partner and the Lucent ACS. Are these still in use? Are they reliable? Is there something new I should consider? What about IP phones at these locations...could I run that off my Definity?

Thanks all in advance...

Check out the One-X Quick-Edition phones...

Deployed in sizes from 2 to 20.

Yes Partners are still in production, and yes if your switch is IP enabled - you could have folks use IP phones at those locations and register to your switch. There are quite a few requirements prior to that though.

The One-X might help - plus I think I heard future releases will allow it to work off an S8700...

Thanks,
CJH

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit. ARISTOTLE 384-322 B.C.

In order to properly answer your question, a little more information is needed. Specifically:
[ul]
[li]What is your desired end result?[/li]
[li]Do you want to have everything within a single solution to easy administration and A/M/D?[/li]
[li]Are the sites well connected on the data network side of things?[/li]
[li]What volume of traffic occurs between sites?[/li]
[/ul]

These questions are just the tip of the proverbial iceberg. There is a great deal that needs to be looked at prior to implementing a solution.

-Brian-
Semper Paratus

I would agree with 98Converter -- I would look into One-X Quick-Edition. I configured a small 4 telephone 4 phone line office for $2107.00 which included tax and shipping. Any idiot can configure one in less than 20 minutes.

I would highly recommend not exceeding 10 telephones.

To remotely access the system, I would assign static routable IP addresses on each. The sets are managed via a web browser.

The system seems to be a bit buggy now as it is fairly new. Avaya has advised me to reboot the gateway everytime the system acts crazy.

For a while Avaya had firmware updates come out every month to fix these problems. Since Setpember when V2.0 came out there have been no other updates. Although we still have some small problems every now and then that a reboot takes care of.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back