Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

need some help getting staarted in c/c++ 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

fortytwo

Technical User
Apr 18, 2000
GB
Hi everyone,<br><br>I have never programmed in c/c++ and I was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction.&nbsp;&nbsp;I would ideally like to be using a graphical interface I guess.&nbsp;&nbsp;Are there any free downloads/shareware around that anyone could point me to?&nbsp;&nbsp;Also, does anyone know of any really basic tutorials?&nbsp;&nbsp;I can do usual programming structures as I have used perl/ASP/turbo pascal.<br><br>Thanks <p>fortytwo<br><a href=mailto:will@hellacool.co.uk>will@hellacool.co.uk</a><br><a href= test site</a><br>

I would recommend gcc (which is a free compiler for multiple platforms). It can be found at . Inprise/Borland has a free version of Borland C++ 5.5 at . You won't find any free GUI compilers. There is work on some free gui development tools for Linux using KDE or GNOME, but they use gcc underneath and they're still in the development stages.

Thanks, I will try that. I guess I can live without the GUI for now :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back