Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need some guidence. I installed a f

Status
Not open for further replies.

don1159

Programmer
Apr 30, 2009
US
Need some guidence. I installed a few 7965 phones that will not show the ring list , its will say ring list unavailable and it also doesn't show missed call history. I can install the phones in another building on campus and it works fine. It registers to the same subscriber as other working 7965's. Also it seems when I do a configuration change's on the new installed phone it seems to take a long time for the phones to reset. I have 6941 phones in the same locations that work perfect. Any Ideas ?

Are they running the same firmware as the rest of the 7965?

What's happenning is that they cannot get to the TFTP server from the location you are having issues so they register with their last known config. I bet you any changes will not apply during that time as well. I'd start by checking the network ports that they connect to.
Also check the DHCP server to make sure it has TFTP option 150 configured.

Wouldn't the 6941 phones be haveing the same problem ? The work perfectly . Just seem to be the 7965.

Since you moved the phones, has there been any calls made or received, I believe the lists are cleared once the phone is rebooted.

If you move the phones to a different location and they work, then it is a network issue. Did you check what I suggested? Are the 6941 on the same DHCP subnet as the 79XX? HAve you moved a 6941 to a port that you are having issues? Did you check your switch port configs and the DHCP scopes associated?

We checked the DHCP server and it has TFTP option 150 configured, Also the 6941 phones are on the same subnet as 7965 phones. I took a 6941 phone and plugged it to the station where the 7965 phone is having problems and the 6941 phone worked fine.

Finally found the problem was caused by a port policy that was put on. We removed it and the phone worked fine. Thanks for your input.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back