Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need some advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

timcadieux

Programmer
May 25, 2005
BE
Hey folkz, i have a couple of generic questions. My boss wants me to find out if there are any conferences i need to attend to remain current and aware of NEW trends. Can someone tell me what they do?

Secondly, I just took over a gargantuan site from someone. They never bothered to map out the site. Is there an app we can but that would do something like follow every link withink every page and tell me where they go, what the page Title is, etc.

Thirdly, I can't for the life of me get proper statistics from our Host. There MUST be a Statistics package out there we could buy that would allow me to know who clicked, from where, how often, etc..

Thankx folkz, it's really appreciated!

First, this forum is for classic ASP. If you are looking for NEW trends then look at ASP.NET ... the 2005 version of visual studio is in open beta now so maybe start there.

Second: Yes there are tons of site mapping programs and you can probably find a free one on google. I wouldn't worry too much about spending money on a nice one because, unless you are planning to update the look/feel of every page, making a site-map is just busy work that makes semi-technical managers feel like they are doing something useful. It is usually just a waste of time.

Third: Ask your host for the server logs and use them to compute your own stats. There are plenty of "log analyzer" programs available, try google.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back