Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NEED SOLUTION TO PARTIAL ORDERS

Status
Not open for further replies.

2ManyHats

IS-IT--Management
Mar 14, 2018
CA
Afternoon All,

It's been a long time but i'm back now and I need some serious advice on this issue my office is having.

We usually invoice all of our partial orders by creating a new order and removing quantity and items from the original.
We have been told that we can no longer do this. We have been told that all invoicing can no longer be partial as it is
causing issues with our inventory count. ( YES, we still count manually but are working on getting the Sage scanners)

Now, what has happened in the past is that if you just partially invoice an order in sage the issue is with the quantity in stock .
Once you go back to the order later on to invoice the rest of the items (IF the items are no in stock and have not been received yet)
It will not allow you to invoice the order. So, all of the stock basically has to be full before hand.

Confusing, yes... But I need to figure out a way to be able to invoice items partially off of an order without not being able to invoice
or causing major stress and headaches for who ever has to invoice the orders.

I think I should do a sample order to test to see if the functionality of the inventory is still scrambled.

Any thoughts?

Any ideas?

Anything would be a major help.

Thnx

2ManyHats

Huh??? I think you're getting bad advice. You can do 100 partial invoices off of an order.

Sage 300 Whisperer

I was told that when there were lotted inventory items that were not received in the system that the system would not allow you to invoice those items.

Well of course you can't ship things you haven't received.

Sage 300 Whisperer

Not what I mean. After they have invoiced an order partially and when it comes time to go back and invoice the rest of it if the item isn't received at the time of invoicing then even if you receive the item afterwords it does not allow you to enter a quantity to invoice that item.

[Edit] It's an issue with the inventory for sure. We have been working on getting this one fixed that way we don't have to worry about counting items manually anymore. (Been doing it for years , brutal and painful, as well as time consuming).

Thanks for the help Jay!

I still don't know what you're talking about. You can order 100 of a lotted item, and ship all 50 in stock. Then receive another lot of 50, then ship the rest from the same order and detail line.

Sage 300 Whisperer

It doesn't allow us to invoice those items. It says that items have already been shipped therefore we can't invoice anything.

That is the problem. I know we are using a very outdated system ( But still)

The steps that I described work perfectly fine in version 2017. And 2016, and 2014, I just tested. So I don't know what you're talking about.

Sage 300 Whisperer

I just received confirmation that when an order is partial you cannot delete items or add items onto the order. Is this correct as well ?

wait just to confirm ,

I can delete lines but i CAN add them or I can't.

Cause I have tried to add lines on an order that has already been invoiced but it does not work .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back