Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need sidekick 98 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

john2eye

Technical User
Jul 14, 2004
US
I have a problem with sidekick not loading. My cd is damaged and cannot reinstall the program. Could any body tell me where to purchase a copy .

Thankyou
John

Dear john2eye,
See the following FAQ:
faq807-3761
^^^^^^^^^^^click on the link.

Regards Jim
Check the FAQ area of this Forum for answers (If there are any FAQs!) , it could save you a lot of time and effort and means that links are more likely to be current. Please 'Comment' on them if they are not!

I looked all over for this program but could not find it.
Thanks to you gents I now have SK99. I hope there is a fix for it though

Thanks for all your help

John

Dear John,
Get Sidekick98 as it doesn't have the problem

Regards Jim
Check the FAQ area of this Forum for answers (If there are any FAQs!) , it could save you a lot of time and effort and means that links are more likely to be current. Please 'Comment' on them if they are not!

Hi John 2i,

I have a copy of sidekick98 which I got from Sidekick years ago on disk. They sent it to me free. I can e-mail it if you like ?

Ernie

Dear All,
The Program is available for download via the link above, see the FAQ area.

Regards Jim

Dear ErnieTodd,

If you still have that copy of Sidekick 98 on disc, I can not find it anywhere and would appreciate if you email that to me.

Dear asicilia,

See this FAQ
click on the following number
faq807-3761

Regards Jim

I read Ernie Todd's posting about having SideKick 98. I need it desperately since Sidekick 95 that comes with WordPerfect won't run on XP and I cannot get to any of my contact info.

Please, I need Ernie or someone to send me their copy of Sidekick 98

Thank you,

L. Sorret

Dear L. Sorret,

See this FAQ
click on the following number
FAQ807-3761
called: Where to get SK98/SK95/SK99Prog+98Patch+

Regards Jim

L.Sorret I have the same problem that you are having with SK95. Was wondering if you found a copy of SK98 yet. If so could I get a copy from you some how. More then glad to pay for your trouble. I seem do be doing somthing wrong down loading from the suggested web site. Thanks Vic in Cold Mo. USA

Dear vicsvw,
See the following address on the Siderealb0x website

Regards Jim

I have a problem with the following instructions > Close Sidekick98 down and then,((We did not have SK98 open but went directly to the Patch)) using Windows Explorer, open the Starfish\Sidekick98\Program Folder and move the files Sidekick.exe and Yintll.dll which are in that Starfish\Sidekick98\Program Folder, to another location. ((We did this OK))
When you have done that, double click the downloaded file ((What downloaded file?))and choose to extract the 2 Files in it with WinZip (or whatever archive program Program you use) to a new Folder on your Desktop.
Take the 2 Files Sidekick.exe and Yintll.dll which you extracted from the downloaded zip file and that are in the new Desktop folder and drag them across into the Starfish\Sidekick98\Program (( draging the file make a shortcut to them. Do you mean copy and past these back to the same folder we removed them from))Folder and then restart Sidekick.
I might be just slow on the uptake.
PS the file I have is <Yintl.dll instead of Yintll.dll (just one L ) I assume this was just a mistype. Thanks Vic.

Dear Vic,

1. Q double click the downloaded file ((What downloaded file?))

A. I mean the Sidekick Patch that you have just downloaded which is a .zip file.

2. Q drag them across into the Starfish\Sidekick98\Program (( draging the file make a shortcut to them. Do you mean copy and past these back to the same folder we removed them from))
A. Sorry, I meant Right-Click and drag them and then choose to copy or move them.

3. Q Yintl.dll instead of Yintll.dll

A. yes that is a typo!

I will alter the Faq!

Regards Jim

This answer wandered off to thread807-887041
We will bring it back here

vicsvw (TechnicalUser) Jan 12, 2005
Thanks: We got SK98 Instaled on the Win98 Computer and on the new Winxp computer. We can read the old SK95 with SK98 on the Win98 computer but can not transfer them to the XP machine and the xp computer will not let us install SK95 on it. We have tried every thing we can think of but the files are different on SK95 & SK98. Do we need to install SK97 on our old computer to save cardfiles in the correct format to open with SK98 on an XP machine. Seems this has got a little more involved then we expected. Thanks for all the help. Vic.

Then I answered with the following:

james33 (TechnicalUser) Jan 12, 2005
Dear Vic,
When you have moved the cardfiles to the new computer, go to
File / Open Cardfile and when the Open Dialog comes up see the arrow beside the
Files of type
textbox well click on that and you will see :
Sidekick 2 Cardfile (*.SDB).
Choose that and then navigate to the location of the Sidekick2 files that you have transferred and then Open them and then Save them in Userdata as Sidekick98 files.
See how you get on with that.
Post back either way
Jim

We got them transfered Ok but still not for sure what worked. We could not save the SK95 files in any format SK 98 could read. Some how we did get the transfered ok. Thanks for all the help. Vic If you are your frends ever need air cooled VW Parts just contact me Thanks again for all the help. Vic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back