Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need script or somthing for phone prompts

Status
Not open for further replies.

timgerr

IS-IT--Management
Jan 22, 2004
US
I have to dial into a phone support queue to enter information from the phone pad. I want to do this from my computer but I am not sure how to do it. I thought that I might be able to use hypertrm but I cannot figure out what I need to do. I would like to script it so I can give it to other people but that is later down the road.

Thanks

the only immediate suggestion I can give is switching to or otherwise breaking down and buying something like procomm/telex procomm use's Aspect as a Script manager to dial into phone Ques like what you describe or Telex use's one called Salt both of them have somewhat of a Learning Curve or a bit of "Trial and Error" but with some persistance you might be able to make them work. but it would also depend on your network as some network admins might prohibit. Hyperterminal is a OK program but it is hardly "Fully featured"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back