Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need OWA 5.5SP4 to work with Exchange 2000

Status
Not open for further replies.

JayBuys

Programmer
Jun 18, 2001
US
We recently upgraded our Exchange server from 5.5 to 2000. Since our website resides on it's own server, we're unable to use the Exchange server's OWA2000 from anywhere outside our firewall. We'd like to just continue using OWA5.5 on our webserver but are running into problems. When loggin in we get the error message "Sorry! The Exchange Server Is Down or the HTTP Service Has Been Disabled by an Administrator".
The Exchange Server is running fine. I'm not entirely sure what the "HTTP Service is". I looked under services but did not see it listed.
Microsoft claims that you may use OWA5.5 to access Exchange 2k mailboxes. Has anyone done this successfully?
Any help would be appreciated. Thank you

Yes OWA on Exchange 5.5 is MAPI so it works perfect against Exchange 2000.

Did you point OWA to the 2000 Server? When it is installed you have to tell it about and Exchange Server. Dan
Microsoft Exchange Support @ Microsoft

The 2000 server was an upgrade so it's on the same machine with the same name. OWA was pointed at it and working fine beforehand but now does not work at all. Should I try to reinstall OWA?

Sure not like it works :) Dan
Microsoft Exchange Support @ Microsoft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back