Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need Oracle ODBC driver to convert Epoch time in memo fields

Status
Not open for further replies.

ITCPhil

Technical User
Jun 30, 2005
CA
Hi, I got no answer in the Crystal Reports forum so I will cross post here for advice.

I am looking for an Oracle driver that will convert Epoch time found in Remedy memo fields to standard date/time.

We have a join field in our Remedy database and our standard Oracle ODBC will not print Epoch time correctly while Remedy won't allow us to join those 2 tables (I can't explain the how or why, my Remedy knowledge is minimal). We do have an Oracle CR driver which does print it correctly, but as we are upgrading to Crystal Report 10, Oracle 9.0.2 and Remedy 6.3, we are losing this driver.

Does anyone have a recommendation as to what I could use to convert the Epoch time properly? When I say a memo field, I mean a diary field, which might have multiple entries.

This is what it will look like without me changing it :
Joe Helpdesk, 1127151144
-Client has a problem with her telephone
Joe Helpdesk, 1127151492
-Sending telco technician over
Joe Helpdesk, 1127151570
-Technician replaced faulty set

Thanks in advance,
Phil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search