Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need nite ring thru paging system

Status
Not open for further replies.

PHONMAN

Vendor
Apr 26, 2002
US
I have a new customer that had nite ring thru the over head page when in nite service. Something happened "event" unclear but they (cust)replaced pwr supply and paging came back but not nite ring(Older 8x24DS W/DR5 with startalk mini, Valcom 24v speakers and pwr supply) the paging works fine but obviously I'm missing something on programing or crossconnects. I've setup many aux ringers but none to ring thru the paging system. Any help would be appreciated.

Phonmancps@comcast.net
SMalcolm
CustomPrewire in K.C.

Check to see which phones are in ringing service (night mode). One of the phones might have a hardwire connection from the speaker leads in the phone, or from the headset port in the phone to the paging amp.

you are going to have fun with this since there are multiple ways to make a night bell ring on an overhead.

First method is as safeharbor notes a phone may have a connection to the pa system.

second is the relay may be what is tripping either a tone generator (for night bell).

third is that an ATA output might be ringing a night bell adaptor (similar to a tone generator)

for the second option look at the 66 block and see if you have any cross connection on the yellow green or yellow brown pair (the aux ring pairs) also look at the items mounted on the wall near the phone system for a box labled pa interface/night bell/loud bell as this is probably what you will find is actually generating the tones you hear for night bell. (the ICS itself does not create a tone just a relay closure)

----------------------------
JerryReeve
Communications Systems Int'l
com-sys.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back