Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need new wireless-bridge-capable router selection advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

sneaker2002

Technical User
Jan 20, 2011
US
My Linksys WRT54g(s) have bit the dust. I need new wireless routers that can be configured as a wireless bridge, preferably right out of the box. These are for home use BTW. My PC (gaming rig) and modem is on one router and the printers, wireless devices, etc connect through the other one. The second router is across the house and running a cable between them really isn't an option. I've been using a DD-WRT solution with my current routers and it has worked great. I'd rather not have to spend the time re-flashing devices if I can help it.

I'm not current on the market and I'd like some advice. Price isn't my primary concern, but a stable setup is.

Thanks!
Phil

Buy more of the same routers you have. They're still available for sale, and you know how to make them do what you want.

Fight the devil you know...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back