Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need new Trans Log

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScottAW

Programmer
Apr 9, 2001
US
I am needing to create a new Transaction log (had a power glitch mid process, now I get an "invalid LSN" message). Knowledge base says that SQLServer "sometimes" creates a new log file if the original file is renamed or deleted. How do you MAKE it create a new log file, because the "sometimes" isn't happening for me... I can't open the database at all.

HELP....PLEASE?!?!?

Do you get the error when starting SQL Server or when attaching the database or both? Have you deleted or renamed the old transaction log file? If the file is deleted or you can delete the file, use sp_attach_single_file_db to attach the MDF file and create a new LDF (log) file. Terry L. Broadbent - DBA
Computing Links:
faq183-874 contains "Suggestions for Getting Quick and Appropriate Answers" to your questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back