Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need multiple dates with data on one row.

Status
Not open for further replies.

LZido

Technical User
Aug 24, 2006
US
I am trying to create a report where all the personnel's data (date, type of hours, total hours) are on one row in order to export to excel. The problem is there are multiple dates for one person. Each date has a corresponding type of hour and total hours.

My data consist of;
Personnel
Date
Type of hours
Total hours

I need the report to display all of Joe Smiths data on one row; Personnel, date, type of hours, total hours, date, type of hours, total hours. Repeat for the whole pay period. Then the next person on a second line, ect:

Example:
Row 1:
[Joe Smith] [3/1/15] [Regular hours] [8] [3/2/15] [Vacation] [8] [3/3/15] [Sick] [4] [3/3/15] [Regular hours][4]

Row 2:
Sally Jones [3/1/15] [Regular hours] [8] [3/2/15] [Regular hours] [8] [3/3/15] [Regular hours] [8] [3/4/15] [Regular hours][8]

I tried inserting a table, but the person is on one row, date on another, type of hours on another and total hours on another row. Any ideas???

Group by person, have a Running Total for each type of hours you want to export, reset it on change of group.
Suppress Group Header and Detail, put everthing in the Group Footer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back