Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need MS Step by Step Books files

Status
Not open for further replies.

lgvelez

Technical User
Jun 6, 2000
US
This is a very strange request, and I hope someone can help me. I worked deeply in MS Access 2002 several years ago, but then moved on to other things. I want to re-establish myself in the MS Access world by starting with the MS Access Step by Step books that I have. However, I can't find the cd's with the working files on it.
Does anyone know of a site that would have these files for download?
I know, having a senior dumb moment.

Thanks in advance,
Laura in TX

Laura Velez, MCP
lauravelez@charter.net

Laura,

Unless you purchase them again (used at Amazon?), I'm afraid you're going to be out of luck. I ran into the same problem with a recently purchased book + CD and, I swear this is true, my dog ate the CD!

Even calling the publisher didn't help, as you might well imagine.

< M!ke >

ROFL ... I hope your dog didn't have any severe medical problems after eating the cd. I appreciate your response, but it was worth a try asking. I have hidden all of my MS Access cd's from myself, which was probably my reaction after leaving my last MS Access job! (we won't go there)

Again, thank you, and hope your vet bill wasn't too large.
Laura in TX

Laura Velez, MCP
lauravelez@charter.net

Laura,

While probably not the correct publisher of Step by Step
books series, has book samples from different
book versions available for download. They intentionally
omit CDs from their books both to keep price lower and
to easily update or correct code samples from a given book.

Hope this helps
John

Great thought, John. And I do believe that the Wrox Beginning Access VBA books are actually better than the MS ones.

Thank you so much,
Laura

Laura Velez, MCP
lauravelez@charter.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back