Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need manual for configuring access rules on Pix 525

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edward999

Programmer
Dec 26, 2002
MY

Hi everyone,

Did anyone know where can i find a user guide for configuring access rules on Pix 525. I got some strange problem with my access rules.

Cheers

The cisco press has a couple of good books that I keep for reference. You can always post your scrubbed config and what the symptoms and goals are.

Brent
Systems Engineer / Consultant
CCNP, CCSP

Thanks for your fast reply. I'm quite new to Pix fw, i need to allow my users from subnet 168.x.x.x and 192.x.x.x access my webserver. What should put in the access rule policy?. I'm using Pix fw as a bridge or transparent mode.

I also need to allow certain users on subnet 172.x.x.x to remote login and ping to the webserver.

Should i allow my webserver to communicate with my window dns server?.

Is all the policy need to configure on interface inside and outside?

cheers

Ok, that's quite a bit of stuff. Post your config - mask all passwords and mask the middle 2 octets of all public IPs. I don't run into transparent mode often, but I am sure someone does. It's always worth a look.

Brent
Systems Engineer / Consultant
CCNP, CCSP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back