Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need ISA guru assistance?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Garly

IS-IT--Management
Feb 8, 2004
US
The basic problem is I can't use command line FTP from the server. FTP works fine through browsing with Explorer. This problem was identified trying to come up with an alternative to NAV LiveUpdate that also isn't working. I have tried the suggestions listed elsewhere on the board for LiveUpdate. I think these two problems are related.

This server is using ISA as proxy server. FTP is allowed. FTP download is allowed.

Command line FTP fails on "open ftp.symantec.com" with "host unreachable". Same problem happens using an IP address such as FTP 12.14.45.456(<-made up) from the command prompt.

If I browse to the same ftp site with Explorer, I have no problem browing the ftp directories and downloading a file. Explorer is configured to use the proxy setting for FTP. ;

Is there something I need to do to configure the command prompt FTP program to use the proxy settings? Is there something else I'm missing?

Do you actually have the ISA client installed or are you just pointing your Browser to the ISA server via the Connections/Proxy Settings?

I'm betting you don't have the ISA client installed and that is the problem.

I hope you find this post helpful. Please let me know if it was.

Regards,

Mark

Thank you Markdmac for helping me figure out the obvious. Your suggestion got me going with command line FTP.

Now if I can just get NAV Server to update. I thought this might have something to do with it, but it still isn't working. NAV Server and ISA are running on the same computer. This is a small network.

You might also want to check out Document ID:2000010708230148 from the Symantec Knowledge Base. This talks about automating the download and gives some troubleshooting steps.

I hope you find this post helpful. Please let me know if it was.

Regards,

Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back