Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need information on creating programmatically a single color bitmap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

macdiarj

Programmer
Jun 1, 1999
US
I'm not sure if this is the best way to do this, but here's what I'm doing... In a test app, I have a form with 2 picture boxes, a command button, and the MS common dialog control. The button allows me to bring up the "ShowColor" dialog form... and I pick a color. The first picture box's backcolor property is set to the color I picked. Now, I want to take this color and create a device independant bitmap (of the same color). Then I want to take the DIB (in memory and be able to do things with it.. such as overlay another bitmap on top of it. (ie. I have a picture of a plane... and a single color DIB of blue, or black, or orange..or whatever. The color would be full screen.. then I would blit or paint the picture on the color.) Anyone have any knowledge on doing this? I feel like I should be doing something with the Image property of the first picturebox.. also I feel that I'll need to use the hdc's in this too. Please email me if this isn't clear... Thanks much! <br>
<br>
Jim MacDiarmid<br>
Software Engineer <br>
PACEL Corporation<br>
jmacdiarmid@pacel.com<br>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back