Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need ideas on how to go about calling a site's page for which you must be logged in prior to ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

javierdlm001

Technical User
Jun 28, 2008
CA
I'm improvising a portal page at work (Calling Center). This is something I've been allowed to do, but not requested nor expected to do. Mind you I have to do this in a "controlled environment" (WinXP). Plus the only browser we can use is an old EI6 ! And I only know HTML & CSS. This being said, I have an iframe in the page to call a News sort-or-of-page that belongs to our digital bible, maintained by the company. The thing is, this News page won't show in the iframe unless the viewer is logged in first to the digital bible I mentioned.
So far I have only thought of creating a Login page the user will have to use before going to the actual Portal. It would be a login page to the Digital Bible. I thought maybe creating some kind of trigger on this 1st page (login), that would open up the Portal page on a second page. Maybe if the login page remains open behind if only for long enough just so the News page can be retrieved in the iframe, and then close by itself.

What do you guys think?
The way I thought of doing it is obviously not the best (given that I don't know more versatile languages like JavaScript), hence if you want to suggest a better way, by all means! Even if it involves JS.

Thanks in advance guys,

JDL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back