Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NEED HELP!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

nikoe

Technical User
Oct 19, 2000
US
I deperately need help! I have been trying to fix this problem for 2 days and can't seem to get it to work. I hope someone can help.

I am trouble with the following link:

<a href=&quot;pics.htm&quot; target=&quot;home&quot; onClick=&quot;close_window()&quot;>

I am opening a subwindow from my main &quot;home&quot; window. From that subwindow I have the above link. This link should open the &quot;pics.htm&quot; in the main window &amp; close the subwindow at the same time. This works in IE but not in Netscape 4.6. Does anyone know why this won't work in Netscape?

Currently Netscape will NOT open the pics.htm in the main window but does execute the onClick=&quot;close_window()&quot;. If I remove the onClick=&quot;close_window()&quot; then Netscape will open the pics.htm correclty but NOT close the window. I don't know why I can't get both to work. IE has no problem with it.

PLEASE HELP!

Thanks,
-Nikoe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back