Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need help writing rules. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 4, 1999
US
Hi Folks, Our company has recently switched from ccMail to Lotus Notes. I'm having problems writing a specific rule. I'm trying to create a rule that will automatically forward an attachment when a user replies to a message that I have sent. I could do this in ccMail, but can't get Notes to do it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

An example message to users....

If you'd like to receive the marketing report, please respond to this message with "marketing report" in the subject line.

One problem is that Notes doesn't programatically make attachements easily. I would suggest that you place the Marketing report in a Notes document library database and then you can create a link to each monthly report in the message you send out.

Notes has doc library templates for both office and smartsuite documents. It's easy to create the new DB give default access as reader (they won't be able to make changes) assign your marketing people as authors. In the NAB create a distribution list. Set up an agent in the db that upon creation of a report mail message x to distribution list. Include in message x a doclink to new document.

This provides centralized warehousing and archiving of your reports. reduces bandwith usage as the file is not getting sent over the network everywhere. Can be used to control access. and reduces amount of manual intervention. And if you're using domino, can make the report available over the 'net.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back