Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need help with XP IIS and Visual Interdev

Status
Not open for further replies.

RecentlyBrokeMyLeg

Programmer
Feb 19, 2005
GB
Hi,

I built an intranet in ASP 3 under Windows 98 running in PWS. I have just converted my PC to XP, installed Service Pack 2, re-installed Visual Interdev and then IIS with Front Page Extensions.

The first problem was that I couldn't create a new project - I kept being asked for the password at the end of the Wizard setup. Tried all sorts and gave up.

Since then I tried installing Frontpage Server Extensions 2002 and have been round the loop removing and reinstalling IIS and VIdev.

Now I can't even goto or http:127.0.0.1 - I get:
The page cannot be displayed
There is a problem with the page you are trying to reach and it cannot be displayed.

So it all appears somewhat broken. Can anyone suggest what I can do to undo all this and do a clean install of whatever I need to get things working?

Thanks in advance.

Andy

Hi again,

I tried all sorts including removing XP SP2 and then bit the bullet and rebuilt the PC, taking careful note of the installation process. All ok so far.

Andy

Hi Again,

Things went pear shaped after I installed Norton Anti-spam 2004 although I didn't realise it at the time. Found a post on another site and realised the problem.

Uninstalled Norton and all works ok again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back