Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need help with tables in design of database

Status
Not open for further replies.

skeddy

Programmer
Jul 8, 1999
US
I'm building a database to track Contact information, mailings sent and specific information about some Contacts who are also Facilitators. There is additional information for Facilitators (such as Facilitation History, Course Preferences, etc.). Should I make a separate Facilitators table to hold the specific information for Facilitators and include a foreign key to link to the Contact ID field in the Contacts table? And how about a Yes/No field in the Contacts table called Facilitator? Thanks in advance for help given.

Thanks alot "adhkaw". I'll go ahead and try it. I'm building test forms and reports to check the structure today.

I agree with "adhkaw".  Since not all contacts are Facilitators, it would be a good idea to separate that info onto a separate table.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back