Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need Help With SQL

Status
Not open for further replies.

AnonymousJane

Technical User
Apr 13, 2001
US
I've created an Inventory report that basically stinks. It was made with a lot of exporting to Excel and doing the counting in Excel instead of CR. Now I need to re-create the WHOLE thing in CR. I'm having trouble doing a count of models stored in certain bin areas. For example, if model "ABCD" is stored between bin '100A001' and '199Z999'. See the layout below:

MODEL QTY IN 100 QTY IN 200 QTY IN 300
ABCD 25 35 10
ABC1 0 25 5

I need to know how many of model "ABCD" is located in that bin range. I need to do this about 5 times (5 different columns) within one report. I tried the SQL Designer but I only come up with all models located between the specified range. I NEED TOTALS per model for that particular range. Perhaps I'm blind to what I'm doing, but I've been at it for almost 2 hours now, and all I get is a bunch of errors and computer crashes.

Now need to bother with the SQL.

Use a cross-tab, which needs three fields:

The ROWS field would be your Model#.

The COLUMN field will be a formula like the following:

if {bin} in '1' to '2' then "QTY in 100" else
if {bin} in '2' to '3' then "QTY in 200" else
if {bin} in '3' to '4' then "QTY in 300" else
"QTY in 400"

Your summarized field would probably be your model# field using the operation COUNT or DISTINCT COUNT.
Ken Hamady
On-site custom Crystal Reports Training and Consulting.
Quick Reference Guide to using Crystal in VB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back