Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need help with sorting out my Layer Properties. I'm a Noob!

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexs1804

Technical User
Aug 1, 2007
GB
Hello, I need you help!

Whenever I start to draw on Macromedia Flash 8.0 Professional with a paint brush it comes up as outlines. So I draw a thick line and nothing is inside it and theres just a green outline where it should be. I've looked around all the layer properties and options and cant seem to figure it out. Please help. Thank you.

Alex

Check your fill color. That's the one next to the paint bucket.

62p5clh.jpg

Looks like this. What do i do so its normail again ?

Check the alpha on your fill color, make sure it's not 0%

I'm not that bigger noob. I think it has something to do with Layer Properties cos i can change the colour of the outline. !!!! I dont even want a flipping outlines. GRR

I like your big "Help" on Stage.

This outline thing happens when "View Layer as Outline" option is selected. It's indicated by the coloured square on the layer name panel. But looking at your JPEG, it doesn't indicate it's in the outline mode.... Can you try toggling it anyway?

Kenneth Kawamoto

Now, where would I find "view layer as outline" ?

Ah, I found it! But I toggled it and it doesnt make any difference whatsoever...

Ok,

here is what you need to do,

go to the view menu,

go to the preview mode option

from the flyout menu select the full option at the bottom of the list

you are in outline mode not the full mode

Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back