Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need help with Script

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ricki

Technical User
Feb 25, 2002
GB
Hi all,

I just need the script below to only run if users are in a particular group so something with an if> then > else End
Option Explicit
On error resume next
Dim WshShell
Dim Onet
Set oNet = WScript.CreateObject("WScript.Network")
Set WshShell = WScript.CreateObject("WScript.Shell")
'wshShell.popup ("Detected Outlook XP")
WshShell.RegDelete ("HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Office\10.0\Outlook\Setup\First-Run")
WshShell.RegWrite

"HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Office\10.0\Outlook\Setup\ImportPRF","\\----\----\%username%\lbbd.PRF","REG_SZ"
Wshshell.run ("\\---\---\outlook\lbbd.PRF")
wscript.sleep 10000

There are many scripts in this forum that check for group membership before they perform some action. Try searching the forum for "Group Membership". I think there is even a login script in the FAQ section that does group membership checking.

[red]"... isn't sanity really just a one trick pony anyway?! I mean, all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you are good and crazy, oooh, oooh, oooh, the sky is the limit!" - The Tick[/red]

Did not find much there... are there any more takers

Please read this faq:

faq329-5798

Escpecially the part where it "Maps drives based on group membership"

When I search this forum for "Group Membership", the very first thread (out of 36) is thread329-1189498 which shows how to take actions based on group membership.

[red]"... isn't sanity really just a one trick pony anyway?! I mean, all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you are good and crazy, oooh, oooh, oooh, the sky is the limit!" - The Tick[/red]

I agree, read that FAQ FAQ329-5798 the author is brilliant.

[bigsmile]

I hope you find this post helpful.

Regards,

Mark

[2thumbsup]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back