Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need Help with replication 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skewiff

Technical User
Apr 8, 2003
GB
Hello all,
In my site, we have a Live server and a DR server for SQL2k.
During implementation, we set it up so that the Live Server would create a package for our Sundb database and DR would pull it off the server every evening.

This ran smoothly for a time, but has recently stopped working (and I admit I like to look around the Management Tool, and it might be my fault though I can find how).

The server in the REPL-Distribution Task says :

A snapshot was not generated because no subscriptions needed initialisation

and unsurprisingly, the DR server says :
The subscription to publication '(null)' has expired and does not exist. The step failed.

Triggering the job manually shows the "no subscriptions needed initialisation" message, so I am fairly sure my live server is at fault, but I cant seem to make it want to generate snapshots again.... /sob

I could really do with some help, as my boss is refusing to pay out for a problem that hasnt stopped the live server from running ;-(

Thanks everyone in advance.. CC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back