Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need help with printing

Status
Not open for further replies.

rick2177

IS-IT--Management
Dec 20, 2010
GB
Hi,

I'm new to Illustrator and need to print an image as a .jpg file. However when I upload the print to the online print company it reports that it is off too low quality.

I have created the artboard with a 300dpi resolution and saved the image as a JPG with no compression.

The image was created the same size as the output required.

Please can someone give me some pointers to where I am going wrong?

...file > save as > choose pdf...

...then choosing the PDFX 1a 2001 preset format is a good starting point...

...if you have artwork that extends the trim size, then you also need to include 3mm bleed in the PDF settings...

...bleed has to be taken into account on the artwork for the PDF to have bleed...

...when importing images ensure you haven't scaled images up too much as this reduces the eventual resolution...

andrew

============
============

...essentially for print you should always aim for PDF output and not jpeg, as jpeg is bitmap only which means text will get converted to bitmap pixels, rather than being kept as vector...vector text prints sharper and cleaner, particularly important when using small font sizes...

andrew

============
============

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back