Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need help with Power Path problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

millsra

MIS
Jun 25, 2002
US
Ok here we go.

Initial information.
AIX 4.3.3.11
PowerPath 2.1
EMC Symetrix 8730
Brocade 12000 silkworms
I know all old but can not upgrade right now.

Here is what I have done.
I allocated a R1 volume to a target ID and created the filesystems. Then Noticed that I made a mistake since the target ID and LUN were being used on the DR side. I blew away everything that I did and moved the volume to a new Target ID and LUN. I was able to discover the volume on the AIX host. But the funny thing is that it finds it and and creates 2 hdisk's (hdisk66 and hdisk67) this would be ok but I have not run my powermt config yet.

Now looking at an inq output I see that hdisk66 and 67 are both in a failed state and there is an ODM error. I thought at first it was an AIX issue but after doing some testing I believe that powerpath knows about that hyper and brought it back in but it is not under the same target id and lun and it is confused.

Other things noted while testing.

unable to run a powermt display for just a dev=hdisk# but can run for dev=hdiskpower#.
I am able to do this on all my other hosts and was able to prior to the move.

I know this has to be something simple but I have beat my head against the wall for 2 days now and I am confused.

One more notable thing when moving the hyper I recieved a path dead error for those 2 hdisks.

Sorry this is so long but just wanted to put all the information in the first run at this.

Any questions please feel free to ask.
Any Suggestions are more than welcome at this point.

Thanks Ray

try deleting the disks in question (including old definition, new one and hdispowers)

rmdev

and then run the cfgmgr command (and powermt config if needed).

Cheers.

Chacal, Inc.[wavey]

I have removed all of the lv's fs's pv's and reran cfmgr -vl <channel> and still have the same results. Thanks for your reply. This is killing me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back