Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need help with OWA

Status
Not open for further replies.

tgoodman

MIS
Jan 3, 2001
US
I've inherited a system that at one point had OWA installed. For whatever reason they turned it off. I want to get it going again but am having problems. I re-started the and also the web page. When I try to get in to the mailboxes I get to ip address/exchange/logon.asp and then a page comes up saying that the page can't be displayed. If I just try to get to the wep page...no problem. I copied the logon.asp files from the installation disk to the server thinking that the files might be corrupt, but no change.
I am considering reinstalling OWA, can anyone tell me how to install only OWA. I don't want to reinstall all of Exchange or make changes to the settings.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Just run a ordinary Exchange installation, choose custom setup and only mark Outlook Web Access. First i would recommend you to install/reinstall SP4 for exchange. Since this replaces a lot of files from OWA.

I started to do this but when I unchecked all boxes except OWA,it indicated that I would be removing the other items and only installing OWA. Maybe I didn't understand the language that M.S. used. Wouldn't be a first.

You must install OWA first. It's the way MS writes all its installers: a "feature" not a "bug". Just run the installer, with OWA unchecked. It will remove OWA. Reboot even it you are not prompted to. Then run the installer again. OWA will be unchecked: check it. That will install OWA. Reboot yet again. Make sure you then run hfnetchk.exe to verify all the hotfixes have been applied correctly.

Sorry if you have already sorted this out, have you checked in IIS that your default page exists, if it doesnt then make the logon.asp your default page, then try it...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back