Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need Help with Outlook 2000 reinstall

Status
Not open for further replies.

RacerGirl117

Technical User
Sep 25, 2002
US
I recently uninstalled my Office 2000 Premier and attempted to install Office 2000 Professional. Somehow the 2nd CD of Professional became corrupt so I aborted the installation and reinstalled Premier. Before I began all this I created a new .pst file with the contacts in my Contacts folder.

After the reinstallation of Premier, I started Outlook and was prompted to find a/the Outlook.pst file. I could not locate this "default" file so I chose my Contacts.pst file instead just so I could get into Outlook.

Well now I have my standard Outlook Today and the supposed appropriate subfolders. But I also have a "Personal Folders" folder listed which I, of course, cannot get to.

Do I need to do a reinstall of Outlook or is there a way I can get rid of this "Personal Folders"?

Thanks in advance,

Jessica Kinsey
Hiscock & Barclay, LLP

Disconnect from the Folder, If its the "default message store" you might be best to reinstall, and connect to your contacts folder, and drag any contacts, messages etc to the new "default message store"

HTH
--Paul

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back