Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need Help with networking PS2 with HUB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cainsmoker

Vendor
Feb 3, 2004
US
Hey there,

I just got an 8 port Switch Hub to connect my Speedstream DSL modem to, and now I'm hearing all this stuff about how I need a router....

All I want to do is connect my PS2 with my DSL so I can play online with it. I spent about $200 on equipment, from Cat5 cables, to network adapters...

I just need to know how to go about doing this. I have the DSL, and I have a HUB, and I have a PS2 Network Adapter. What do I need to get this going? Some have said get a router. I don't want to do that. Some have said get crossover cables...will that work?

Thanks ahead of time for any help.

Cain

Most routers for that purpose have a switch built into them. Usually about 4-port. What you should have gotten was one of those as you do infact need a router to allow multiple hosts to access the internet cloud via a signle IP address.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back