Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need Help with Modem and Display settings!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
I recently re formatted my cpu and I am running windows 98 and I lost my word perfect programs and many of my others. Some of the main problems are not being able to connect to the internet. I need to know why I cannot use my modem and it always gives a message when i use the modem driver it says cannot install system.ini I need to know how i can fix this problem and I need to know where i can get a new driver online. Another problem that i encountered is that I cannot get the normal 24 bit color display that i had before i re formatted it . I have the driver disk for the sound and video and it is supposed to be the display but it isn't letting me use it. Can you please help me and give me some tips ASAP.

Thanks

If you didn't totaly strip you're hard drive and Fdisk which I am guessing you didn't because if you did you wouldn't have any of the programs that didn't come with WIN98, you will probably still have the problems that you had before you reinstalled win. and possibly worse. Go here and read about it....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back