Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need help with installation...

Status
Not open for further replies.

isurus254

Technical User
Nov 14, 2002
US
Hello. I am having trouble installing FrontPage 2000 on my Sony Vaio, Windows XP. Halfway through the installation, it prompts me to insert my Windows XP Professional disc. Sony includes Windows XP on it's recovery discs, rather than giving the actual XP disc itself, and when I insert that it tells me it is the wrong CD. I've also tried inserting a copy of a friend's XP Pro disc and it also tells me it is the wrong disc. There has got to be a way to install this. Can anybody help me? Thanks in advance.

You should be able to use the recovery CD as long as it's the one with WinXP on it. If the recovery CD won't work, I'd contact the PC Manuracturer. It should work though. On one of my pc's, Gateway, the recovery CD does work. Rob
Just my $.02.

Thank you. I figured out the problem, though. My setup path in the registry pointed to an incorrect location for the I386 folder. But thank you for your response.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back