Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need Help With Group Policy Access Denied (security filter) Error

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 30, 2003
US
I am fairly new to Group Policies and having a hard time with applying a GPO to a specific group or computer! We have a Windows 2000 server and I have setup a new GPO to allow certain PC's to Configure Automatic Updates under
-Computer Configuration
--Administrative Templates
---Windows Components
----Windows Updates
configure automatic updates
enabled
4- auto download..................
apply - okay

I created OU in AD to add specific computers and linked GPO to this OU then ran GPUPDATE on PC and it did not take the GPO - ran Group Policy Results and the GPO I created showed under Denied with reason Access Denied (security filter)

I then created a group in AD and added a specific user and under the Security filter of GPO added group with Read and Apply Group Policy permissions - I also removed Apply Group Policy from the Authenticated Users group. Ran GPUPDATE and Group Policy Results and it also was Denied with reason Access Denied (security filter).

I can not figure out what I am doing wrong or even if I completely understand how to apply to specific users/computers!

I have (2) GPO's applied at the domain level that are working fine.

Any help would be appreciated.

Jodie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back