Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need help with ftp virtual hosts

Status
Not open for further replies.

tom11011

MIS
Oct 12, 2001
US
How do you setup where you can have one ip address and multiple ftp users each ftp'ing into there own folders with their own username and password?

It seems I cannot have 2 ftp sites running with the same ftp address unlike a virtual web server.

I think the answer lies in setting up one site, and having numerous virtual sites underneath but the virtual sites it seems you can't set a username and password?

please help

I solved that problem by giving each ftp account a unique port number. I use port numbers in the 8500 range.
after you do that advise the user of the port number he must use, and then disable the default ftp account which uses only port 21. That will send each user to his own directory that you set up in the account.

I encourage everyone who either has or does not have Anti-Virus protection to visit the link below and scan your system for free!!

Actually, I was able to figure out virtual ftp'ing. Turns out the username has to be the same name of the folder you create for it to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back