Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need help with FP2002

Status
Not open for further replies.

JennW

IS-IT--Management
Jan 30, 2001
US
My enduser was upgraded to OfficeXP including her Frontpage. She was able to open all her files ok, so she went ahead and published to the server I set up. After publishing with the XP no one can see the pages any longer.

I upgraded the server extensions to FP2002. Now the MMC in IIS tells me that the admistration program is older than the server extensions and there is a compatibility problem.

Is anyone familiar with this? I have downloaded all the Windows upgrades to my 2000 Server from Microsoft. I have version 5.0 build 2195: Service Pack 2, of the Microsoft Management Console 1.2

Any suggestions?

thank you,

Jenn

Based on my experience:
1) Make sure this is a disc-based Web and that she has the ability to completely republish her site

2) you're going to have to delete her site (the folder that is her site)

3) create it anew

4) upgrade that to SE5

5) then have her publish

On several occassions, but not all, we've had to do this when upgrading the SE to 5 from 4. What a PITA, but this work around has worked.

Best regards,
Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back