Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need help with formula filter out data needed. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrichelle

MIS
Apr 16, 2007
US
(Sorry about the ALL CAPS, by the time I had realized that it was all caps, I was on the last sentence.)

WORK FOR A PRINTING COMPANY THAT USES EFI/PSI V. 11.2.4 AND CRYSTAL 8.0.1.0. HAVE AN EXISTING REPORT THAT GIVES ME A SUM OF 'ACTUAL' HOURS PER JOB (PROFITABILTY REPORT) AMONGST OTHER DATA. THE HOURS ARE ASSIGNED TO PROCESSES WHICH FALL UNDER THE CATEGORIES CHARGEABLE OR NON CHARGEABLE. MY REPORT WORKS FINE AND EVERYTHING IS GOOD EXCEPT NOW WE NEED THE REPORT TO CALCULATE ONLY CHARGEABLE HOURS. MY ISSUE IS THAT THE PROCESS NUMBERS ARE NOT SEQUENTIAL, HENCE I CAN NOT USE THE OPERATOR <=. IN OTHER WORDS, THERE ARE NOT 9001, 9002, 9003, AND SO ON. THEY ARE MORE LIKE 9110,9221, 9111, 9120. SO, WHAT I NEED TO DO IS FILTER THE NONCHARGEABLE HOURS OUT AND MY FORMULA/QUERY IS SOMETHING LIKE THIS
SELECT
BBJOBCST."LJOB",
BBJOBCST."PROCHOURS"
FROM
PSI_DB_F.dbo.BBJOBCST BBJOBCST
WHERE
BBJOBCST."PROCNO" <> 9010
OR
BBJOBCST."PROCNO" <> 9011
OR
BBJOBCST."PROCNO" <> 9020
OR
BBJOBCST."PROCNO" <> 9021
OR
BBJOBCST."PROCNO" <> 9030
OR
BBJOBCST."PROCNO" <> 9031
OR
BBJOBCST."PROCNO" <> 9110
OR
BBJOBCST."PROCNO" <> 9111
OR
BBJOBCST."PROCNO" <> 9120
OR
BBJOBCST."PROCNO" <> 9121

I KNOW I AM DOING SOMETHING WRONG, BUT I JUST CANNOT FIGURE IT OUT. CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP. IF THIS IS CONFUSING I DO UNDERSTAND, I AM FINDING IT DIFFICULT TO EXPLAIN IT. PLEASE ASK ANY QUESTIONS YOU NEED TO KNOW.

THANKS

If you are saying you want to exclude those codes, then use a record selection formula like this:

not({BBJOBCST.PROCNO} in ["9110","9221", "9111", "9120"])//etc.

-LB

What does "FORMULA/QUERY IS SOMETHING LIKE THIS" mean?

Are you using this as a data source somehow?

Where did you get this?

Post specifics and technical information.

LB has correctly explained how to filter if you are using tables:

select Report->Record Selection->Record and place:

not({BBJOBCST.PROCNO} in ["9110","9221", "9111", "9120"])

If you are using SQL as the data source for the CR 8.x report, then you'll need to go i nto the ado/rdo screen and alter it accordingly.

Most didn't even know that you can use SQL in older versions.

-k

lbass
Thanks for your help. I really appreciate it.

synapsevampire
Thanks for your help as well. Sorry I am not as "tekkey" or "techy" or know as much as you (you will notice my tag says MIS). I am not a brainiac when it comes to programming, this is the reason why I post my issues on tek - tip so that I can get help from those that are more knowledgeable. I tried to explain it as best as possible. Also, I did say that I was having difficulties explaining it.

Again thank you both for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back