Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need Help with form basics

Status
Not open for further replies.

smithbr

MIS
May 29, 2003
US
Hey guys,
I have a simple question that I was hoping someone could help me out with. I have a couple of tables,a query,a report, and a form. I want to use the form in such a way that the user selects a associate from a combobox(cboName)(populated with data from tblAssociate) and that displays a record that relates to that assocaite. Now, there are multiple records for each assocaite so the user would have ot be able to navigate through them. (I would also like the user to be able to add new records and delate records through the form) I wan thte records to display in textboxes so they can edit the records in need be. I know how to set it up so that the user can select an associate from cboName and preview a report based on the parameter query qryDuty. But I can not get the data to display in the textboxes (txtDuty, txtDesc1, txtdesc2, txtDesc3)

I am pretty new to Access forms and have little experience with VBA. I would be so grateful for any help anyone could lend me. I am trying to help out my boss with this and I am an intern trying to make a good impression as the summer comes to a close.

Thanks again in advance,
Brent

Brent,
it sounds like you need to build a form (continuous) which displays the additional data that you want to list. Then go back to your original form based on the associate table, and create a sub-form control with this new form. Link the sub-form to the main form based on the associate's unique identifer.
HTH

IS there any way you could be more specific as to how I should go about doing this. I am still a newbie with Access and this is my first time working for a form.
Thanks

If your relationships are created, simply follow the wizard.

Hope This Helps, PH.
Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at FAQ219-2884 or FAQ222-2244

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back