Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need help with drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friedy

Programmer
Sep 13, 2001
US
I have a compaq presario 5185 with the chip set SIS 530. I downloaded the drivers from compaq and from sis corp for the video display. I get good display but cant change the pixels in the screen area, the only one to choose is 640 by 480. Is there a way to change this?

Friedy

first try to update the driver;
Right click blank desktop area >> properties >> settings >> advanced >> adapter >> change
point to the new d/l driver file

or
need to back track and redo your steps and install the drivers again from scratch.
First the Mobo SiS drivers, then the video if not 4in1

Go into Add/Remove Programs and uninstall the Mobo and video drivers.
Boot into safe mode and go into Control Panel >> System Properties >> Device Manager and remove all Display adapters and Monitors....as long as you have the drivers you'll be fine. Look on compaq site for correct install procedure.

TT4U

Notification:
These are just my thoughts....and should be carefully measured against other opinions.
Backup All Important Data/Docs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back