Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need help with Director MX script

Status
Not open for further replies.

mike3783

Technical User
Apr 13, 2006
US
Hi, I'm new here, and I need some help with some Director MX lingo.

Here's what I'm trying to do:
I have 3 videos. I want the first video to automatically play and pause at the end, at that point I have two buttons appear, one called video A and the other video B. I need a script code that will play one video if video A button is selected, and a code that will play the other video if video B button is selected. Sorry if this sounds confusing.

Anyone know the lingo I can use to script these two buttons? Any help is appreciated, thanks!

I'm also new to this, but here is my 2 cents. :)

Firstly, you might want to create markers, that will jump to the particular video frame when you click on the buttons.

With your buttons on the stage, right click any one, then from the pop up menu go to "Script...". After which, you will now add the following code.

on mouseUp
_movie.go("Video")
end

Line 2, will allow the handler to jump to the marker called "Video" and play whatever sprite you have within that frame.

Do the same for your next button, but this time, it will jump to a next marker. For instance:

on mouseUp
_movie.go("Video2")
end

Here's an example of how the markers can be set up.

Hope I helped.

Thanks, I will try it. It looks good, so it should work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back