Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need help with creating a calendar function

Status
Not open for further replies.

QWERTYboy

Programmer
Jul 8, 2003
US
I'm an Oracle programmer that got handed a C++ program to do. :) The last C++ program I wrote was about 5 years ago in Unix. Now I'm in MS V C++. My problem is - I need to "walk through" the calendar between two dates. For example, I need to put into an array a date for every business day between September 1, 2003 and February 1, 2004. I have a function built using the %w format on tm struct to return day of week. But, how do I increment tm_mday one day and have it change the month/year when needed? Is there an "Add_Day" type of function out there to increment a tm struct? Or has someone written one?

I got the Boost code and got some of it to work. but when i try to print any of the dates I get the following error (sample error - the first part is always the same) when linking:

error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: char const * __thiscall boost::gregorian::greg_weekday::as_short_string(void)const "

What lib am I missing??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back