Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need help with call forwarding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

telhelpme

Technical User
Apr 12, 2021
CA
Hello,

We have an old Nortel PBX and currently we have a handful of phantom extensions (extension not attached to an actual handset) and they are programmed to dial external numbers (the cell number) of our salespeople.

However, some sales people has left or has been replaced so I would like to manage these number assignments myself.

Can someone help me with doing the following tasks?

1. How can I edit and update the external number on the phantom extension?
2. How can I create additional phantom extension then program it to dial the external number?

Thanks in advance!

Sorry, I am not good with telephony stuffs. I might have confused the two when I tried to Google the type. It does say Nortel Networks when I opened the door flap and we use the Nortel T7316e handset at our desk. I would dial **266344 to manage the voicemailboxes. I have updated the original post. Thank you!

You need to post your query at
I would also ask that you send in a photo of the phone system as Nortel did many different types.

If you follow my link to my website, then I think you can download some PDF files on the Norstar / BCM systems.
I wasn't aware that those systems had "Phantom" extensions. The numbers might have been programmed via an autodial or speed dial entry.

Firebird Scrambler

Nortel & Avaya Meridian 1 / Succession & BCM / Norstar Programmer

Website = linkedin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back