Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

need Help with BOC and Citrix Server 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

dianne001

Programmer
Mar 1, 2002
US
I have written a vb application that users the mincom connector and installed the app on a citrix server. The problem I am having is the mincom connector is taking 100 percent of the cpu and there fore giving me unpredictable results. Any ideans on how to get around this. Is there a way I can specify in my app to only allow this much resource?

Had to purchase a load balancer package for the citrix server and purchase 7 more additional citrix servers.

Hi guys,
I also have an Excel Loader for Ellipse 523 and it's running well in our local Ellipse Client installation. But, it crash the ellipse session when we run it via Citrix client.
Since I am not the administrator of Citrix server, I can't judge if this problem is Citrix performance or my Excel Loader -the fact is the loader is OK in local pc.
Is there any way around to find out if this is Citrix problem? Maybe you have experienced this problem too.
Dianne001 pointed to load balancer, what is its function? Is it required to solve my problem?
All suggestions are appreciated. Thanks.

Hello Waxman,
Do you have Ellipse and the mincom commector installed on the Citrix Server? If not, they will have to be installed. I found that the Mincom connector will take up as much resources as it can. In my case I had four users using the vb app and the cpu was max'd out at 100 percent. when the fifth person tried to use the vb app things went totally crazy and unpredictable abends occured. Users were booted out of ellipse. The quereies were not retrieving all of the information and the vb app appeared to be hung.
The load balancer monitors the cpu resources and adjusts the max that a single user can have. When the cpu resources are too much it will automatically move that users requests to another citrix server. We could not get past the 25 percent of cpu per user so we purchased more ctrix servers.
I hope this helps you.
thanks,
dianne001

Thanks dianne001.
I don't know if we have mincom connector in our Citrix. Is it required to install mincom connector? coz I don't think we have mincom connector in our local pc. My loader use msq000 object. Is this object msq000 a mincom connector? Isn't this object msq000 installed in Citrix server too?

Hi Waxman

Mincom Connector is a program that allows you to use the MIMS/Ellipse business objects (the business logic that sits behind the MSQs) from an external application. There is a loader application that can be used to load data through the online applications. I suspect that the latter is the application that you are referring to. I don’t believe that you do not need Mincom Connector to run the loader applications.

I believe that the extreme memory usage noticed from running the connector scripts is more due to the office suite than to connector. Instead of writing connector in vba try writing as a vb or C application instead. Performance and error handling is better this way and applications can also be set to run as services rather than requiring a console to work in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back