Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need help w/ Apache2+Tomcat4+SSL virtual hosts

Status
Not open for further replies.

osensei

Programmer
Jul 19, 2003
US
My Apache2 + Tomcat4 installation works fine, but now is the time for me to implement SSL. I've set up a vitual host on an aliased IP. The istallation is running the *.htm files but not *.jsp. What I'm trying to do is to build a secure shopping cart along with customer login, and checkout area.

Naturally these pages should be forced to connect via HTTPS only. Since the sensitive pages are on the same machine as the main host, I thought of putting the secure pages under their own application directory tree and assign them to a virtual host running on the aliased ip.

The *.htm files run ok but I get a HTTP status 404 error when I try to access *.jsp files. I've set this directory up the same as any other Tomcat app (with WEB-INF and classes subdirectories). The only thing I can think of is maybe I need to set up a new ajp13 worker.

Anyone know how I should proceed?

Thanks
Osensei

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back