Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need help using ImageCrop()

Status
Not open for further replies.

LyndonOHRC

Programmer
Sep 8, 2005
US
I have passed an image and crop values to my form action page. I want to crop the image and then save it to disk. the imagecrop() function s returning this error: "The result of the method ImageCrop cannot be assigned because it does not return a value."

Here's what I've tried:
Code:
<cfset myImage = ImageReadBase64("#form.xBase64PhotoString#")>

<cfset myImage=ImageCrop(myImage,Val(form.x),Val(form.y),Val(form.w),Val(form.h))>

<cfimage source="#myImage#" destination="c:/workgroups/webdata/badgecards/#BadgPhotoName#" action="write" overwrite="Yes">

The imagecrop is a new process for this existing template. The bse64 and cfimage/destination lines work fine.

Thanks in advance.

Lyndon

Lyndon

---People Remember about 10% of what you say ---They never forget how you made them feel. Covey

Found answer, imagecrop should have been:
<cfset ImageCrop(myImage,Val(form.x),Val(form.y),Val(form.w),Val(form.h))>

Lyndon

---People Remember about 10% of what you say ---They never forget how you made them feel. Covey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back