Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need help uninstalling Office XP Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shinken

Technical User
Aug 26, 2002
US
I just installed Office 2003 Pro, and assumed that it would either automatically remove the existing Office XP Pro or at least ask me to uninstall Office XP Pro first - it did neither. That was a few days ago.

Since the installation completed, I have been getting messages asking me to insert the Office XP Professional CD. So I insert the CD and get a message that the file (usually pro.msi) can't be found. A search of the CD shows that it's not on the CD.

I then looked in Add/Remove Programs and find that both Office XP Pro and Office 2003 Pro are listed, but when I try to remove the XP version, I get a message that the file PRO.MSI is not on the CD.

Any suggestions for cleaning up this mess are appreciated.

Thanks,

Phil

carr,

Thanks for the reference. It appears that to fully eliminate Office XP, I'll have to reinstall it from the CD and then uninstall it. To be safe, I'll probably have to uninstall Office 2003 first, then reinstall it afterwards.

Thanks,

Phil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back