Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need help understanding runners

Status
Not open for further replies.

NitzGuy

Programmer
Jun 9, 2003
CA
Hello,
I am trying to compile source files to p-code, however, some files a in c code. I am told I will need a runner to link the c code files to the p code. firstly I have several c files to link, so will I need several runners, secondly, how does the p code recognise the c code runner (how do I link it to the program)?
I have gone throught documentation and examples.
Can someone Please help me.
Thanks

Hi

first thing. You need a C-compiler on your system.

Next you need to compile a customized p-code runner. In the compilation of this p-code runner you will include your c files as part of the compilation. Thus the c-files are compiled into the p-code runner. Therefore you only need 1 (one) p-code runner. To create a customized p-code runner read the manual "IBM Informix 4GL Reference manual Volume 1 Version 7.31" page 1-83 to 1-89. If you need more help just ask!!!

mvh
Thorkild

Thanks for your help.
I was really lost.

Jason

Jason:

Over in the Informix Online forum, check on my FAQ on having Inforix 4GL interact with the OS:

forum179

It shows you how to link "C" functions to the runner.

Regards,

Ed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back