Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need help turning on Qos on the LAN using Cisco switches.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CableMonkey

Technical User
Sep 26, 2002
US
Setup: Avaya call manager 2.0 w/4620 phones on Cisco 3560 switch

I would like to turn on QoS and Vlan’s on my switches for voice traffic. Currently not using either. I know the Avaya switch is sending a diff-srve value and an 802.1p value, but not sure how to configure the switch to see these values.

Also, I know you configure the “auxiliary” VLAN on the Cisco switch for the 2nd switch port on the phone (data traffic) – does this apply when you are using an Avaya phone on a Cisco switch?

Does anyone have an example Cisco switch config that shows how they implemented QoS on the LAN?

There are ton's of documents on how to do the QOS and there are things you can do in the PBX.

Depends on if you have a layer 2 or layer 3 switch if you are a cisco shop. Look at the avaya website and do a search on the keyword of QOS CISCO.. same thing on the cisco website do a search of the word avaya or definity.

you can do a vlan tag on your dhcp scope if you are sharing the same wire for the phone and computer if you want different subnets to be assigned to the phone and the computer.. You won't need to do a aux vlan. just assigned the port to the native data vlan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back