Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need help tracking a user through login

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vermontecher

Programmer
Feb 13, 2005
US
Hello,
This may sound very basic to most but it is something that I have not had to do before and I would like to start using this. Here is what I want to do. I have built a web site with many pages. It is user based and a user has to sign in to get access to the inner pages. The sign in works fine. What I need to do is this... When a visitor enters the site there are links they can select. If they are not logged in they are redirected to the login page. (Works fine) When they then enter their username and password they are redirected back to the home page. What I want to do is have the login page then direct them to whatever link they selected. Can I get some help with this please, it will be greatly appreciated. All files are ASP, database is Access 2000 and I would like to do this using cookies I think. If there is another better way then I would have no problem trying something else.

Thanks all,
Vermontecher

You may also consider some "Session" variables.
You'll get probably more accurte replies in the dedicated ASP forum:
Hope This Helps, PH.
Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at FAQ219-2884 or FAQ222-2244

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back